Children & Youth Overview
In a welcoming, accepting, and fun environment, children from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade are invited:
- to explore what it means to be Unitarian Universalist
- to learn about our Judeo-Christian roots
- to gain first-hand knowledge of other faiths
- to engage in worship and activities with members of all ages
- to make a difference in the local community and the world through hands-on social action projects
Younger children also enjoy:
- skits and crafts
- occasional “Group RE” days, with special activities in a one-room-schoolhouse environment
Older children may join the Youth Group beginning in 9th grade. Currently, Youth Group meets the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month, at the same time as our Children’s Religious Education program for younger children (9:15 – 10:30 am).
Overall, we are guided by the seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism, which describe how we covenant to live with each other and in the world.
Young people have always been an important, cherished part of our congregation and we have provided religious education classes since our founding in 1954.
Sunday Morning Schedule
Children’s RE Is Held during the 9:15am Service Only.
Religious Education (RE) classes run from September through May, with an “RE Sunday” Celebration in early June.We have special summer programming from June through August.
All classes and Youth Group meetings are held on the lower level of our building. Please check the RE Class Schedule for Multi-generational Family Worship days and holidays (no classes).
|9:15 – 10:30 am||Pre-K through 8th Grade – Age-appropriate programs for PreK through 2nd, 3rd/4th/5th, and 6th/7th grades
Youth Group and Coming of Age Class – for 9th thru 12th grades, on alternate Sundays