UCWC provides a variety of opportunities to explore what spirituality means and to look at it in the context of the world we live in. In the Fall and Spring we offer courses that vary from Unitarian Universalist History to scriptural exploration to taking steps on our spiritual journeys. A retreat is offered for women in the congregation once a year.
Small Groups consist of six to twelve members who covenant to meet twice a month, guided by a trained facilitator. The format includes an opening reading, check-in, and discussion on a variety of topics designed to explore our spirituality and encourage sharing and connection. Click HERE for more information.
Join us this year, 2021-22 as we explore World Religions. The course goals are to develop a greater appreciation, respect and understanding of the impact of world religions … and through them, explore our own faith. The course uses the book “God is Not One” by Stephen Prothero to explore each world religion by asking the questions: What problem is the religion trying to solve? What solution does it offer?
Past courses have included:
- Small Group Ministry — a structured program on a selected topic for participants.
- Explorations — an exploration of UUism, our lives, our beliefs, and our spiritual practices.
- UU History and Theologies Class
- Reading the UUA Common Read – “Breathe: A Letter to my Sons” Imani Perry
- Death Café and End of Life Planning
- Unitarian Universalism and the Bible – And a book discussion of Christ for Unitarian Universalists
- Topics in Meditation – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Buddhist 8-fold Path, and Meditation Practices
- Discussions of Ethics explored through the show “The Good Place”
- Joint Committee Presentations to learn about Criminal Justice and Climate Justice
Women’s Group and Retreat
All women of the congregation (age 21 or older) are invited and welcome to join our Women’s Group for fun and fellowship as we support one another! Currently our meetings are postponed as we explore new ways of meeting together in life giving and safe ways during this pandemic. If you would like to help with the leadership for this group, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.