Job Posting – Nursery and Childcare Caregiver
Nursery and Childcare Caregiver
Contact DLFD@ucwc.org for more information.
(This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed.)
The purpose of this position is to serve the vision and mission of the Children and Youth Religious Exploration Program by creating a safe, nurturing, welcoming and engaging environment for children while their parents or guardians are participating in meetings, services, programs, or events. The position reports to the Director of Lifespan Faith Development. We are currently hiring for this position through October 1st or once filled. Hours are Sundays from 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Open and set up the nursery (Set up table with chairs, put out appropriate toys and materials, check diaper station and bathroom supplies.)
- Wear a stick on (so no sharp corners around the children) name tag each week to welcome newcomers.
- Ensure children have appropriate and safe toys and activities.
- Organize and participate in age-appropriate activities with the children, such as games, reading and storytelling, fingerplays, or simple crafts.
- Assist children in attaining age-appropriate skills, such as self-care, care of belongings, and engaging with others in community.
- Work cooperatively with Unitarian Congregation of West Chester congregants who will serve as volunteer assistants in the classroom.
- Ensure a clean, safe space for children and clean up the space after use.
- Maintain accurate attendance records and follow proper sign-in and sign-out procedures for children
- Be aware of safety issues and logistics. Safety includes emotional and physical safety.
- Be familiar with the congregation’s Safety Policies.
- Inform the Director of Lifespan Faith Development of any notable incidents such as injuries, children who appear to be upset or ill, any toys that are broken or need attention, etc.
- Meet with the Director of Lifespan Faith Development as needed.
- Submit timesheets of work completed.
- Interest in working with children.
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work respectfully with children and parents of diverse ethnicities, abilities, spiritual beliefs, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Kindness, patience, flexibility, clear communication, a high degree of organization, an eye for detail.
- CPR and First Aid certification is recommended.
- Successful completion of a background check per the Unitarian Congregation of West Chester’s Safer Congregation Policies
- Experience working with newborns – three year olds is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position involves organizing/moving classroom supplies and preparation of materials. Some lifting may be involved. Additionally, moving tables and chairs may be required occasionally.
This position may also involve the lifting of small children and the mobility to be up and down off of the floor.