During the first half of the year, students will be attending the UU “Jedi Academy,” enrolling as “Padawans,” or “learners.” This program uses the Star Wars movies as the foundation for spiritual/ethical lessons and connects them with our seven UU Principles. For example,
- Jedi respect all life, in any form. (1st and 7th Principles)
- Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect. (2nd Principle)
- Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training. (3rd and 4th Principles)
- Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy. (5th Principle)
- Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy. (6th Principle)
May the fourth – and all the rest of our seven Principles — be with you!