Children & Youth Overview
Religious Education for Children and Youth at UCWC
September, 2016 – May, 2017
In a welcoming, accepting, and fun environment, children from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade are invited:
- to explore what it means to be Unitarian Universalist
- to learn about our Judeo-Christian roots
- to gain first-hand knowledge of other faiths
- to engage in worship and activities with members of all ages
- to make a difference in the local community and the world through hands-on social action projects
Younger children also enjoy:
- skits and crafts
- occasional “Group RE” days, with special activities in a one-room-schoolhouse environment
Older children may join the Youth Group beginning in 9th grade. Currently, Youth Group meets one Sunday a month, during the same time as our Adult Worship and Children’s Religious Education (10:00 – 11:00 a.m.) with the option to continue until 11:30.
Overall, we are guided by the seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism, which describe how we covenant to live with each other and in the world.
Young people have always been an important, cherished part of our congregation and we have provided religious education classes since our founding in 1954.
Sunday Morning Schedule
Religious Education (RE) classes run from September through May, with an “RE Sunday” Celebration in early June. All classes and Youth Group meetings are held on the lower level of our building. Please check the full calendar for Multi-generational Family Worship days and holidays (no classes).
|10-11:15 am||Pre-K through 8th Grade – Age-appropriate programs for PreK thru 2nd, 3rd/4th/5th, and 6th/7th/8th grades|
|10-11:30 am||Youth Group – for 9th thru 12th grades, on selected Sundays|