Sanctuary Congregation Team
Contact: Barrie Eichhorn
Mission: Lead the congregation in supporting the immigrant community through:
- Assisting and accompanying immigrants and families facing deportation
- Educating and facilitating conversation within the UCWC congregation on immigrant issues including the possibility of becoming a Sanctuary Congregation
- Engaging in public advocacy for immigrant justice.
The UCWC Sanctuary Congregation Team’s goals for this year are:
- To recruit drivers for the “Zoom” transportation initiative of Family Service of Chester County, providing rides for their clients from throughout the county to social service and medical appointments at La Comunidad Hispana in Kennett Square.
- To expand Zoom services at La Comunidad Hispana to also provide transportation for their clients to immigration-related appointments in the region.
- To engage with other churches and organizations in public advocacy and support for the immigrant community.
- To inform the congregation of historical and current political policy impacting our neighbors and friends in the local community of immigrants and refugees.